Valley of the Monpas
Bhalukpong – Dirang – Tawang – Bomdila – Nameri
Day 01: Guwahati – Bhalukpong
Day 02: Bhalukpong – Dirang
Day 03: Dirang – Tawang
Day 04: Tawang Sightseeing
Day 05: Tawang – Bomdila
Day 06: Bomdila – Nameri
Day 07: Nameri – Guwahati
Day 01: Guwahati – Bhalukpong (240 Kms / 5 hrs)
Your tour starts from hotel/residence pick up at Guwahati. Proceed to Bhalukpong, a bordering township between Assam and Arunachal Pradesh with lush green vegetation and beautiful Kameng (Jia Bharali) river flowing across it. Check-in hotel and evening free for activities amidst nature’s surroundings. Overnight stay.
Day 02: Bhalukpong – Dirang (180 Kms / 6 hrs)
Morning after breakfast check out and transfer to Dirang (6 hrs drive).Dirang- a beautifully located habitation comprising of an old village and a new town offer spectacular views of the Kameng valley. In the evening, the bazaar area behaves like a ‘mall road’ you can have pleasant leisure walk. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03: Dirang – Tawang (140 Kms / 6 hrs)
Morning after breakfast check out and transfer to Tawang enroute Sela Pass, North East India’s 2nd highest motorable pass (13800 ft), 6 hrs drive. Check-in hotel in the afternoon. Evening free for photography activities. You can roam around the local markets. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 04: Tawang Sightseeing
After breakfast,go for a full day excursion tour to Bumla Pass (China Border). On the way back, visit Madhuri lake and PTTso lake- the highest lakes in the entire region. While reaching town, visit Tawang Monastery- the second largest monastery in Asia. Return to the hotel, overnight stay.
Day 05: Tawang – Bomdila (180 Kms / 7 hrs)
Morning after breakfast, check out and drive down to Bomdila, 7 hrs drive. An ideal place to have picturesque views of the landscapes and snow clad mountains of the Himalayan range. Visit Upper Gompa, later Check-in the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 06: Bomdila – Nameri (Tezpur) (160 Kms / 5 Hrs)
You may start off your day with a leisure walk around the streets of Bomdila overlooking majestic mountains and clear morning sky. Morning breakfast and check out and drive down to Nameri / Tezpur. Enroute visit Tipi Orchidarium which hosts over 2600 cultivated orchids from 80 different species. Check-in hotel in the afternoon. Overnight stay.
Day 07: Nameri – Guwahati (220 Kms / 4:30 hrs)
Early morning proceed for a jungle trek into the dense forest of Nameri which is famous as ‘Bird watcher’s paradise’. Later return to the resort, breakfast and check out and drive to Guwahati.
Rs 15,500 per person on Triple Sharing
Rs 17,000 per person on Double Sharing
November 11 – November 16, 2017
March 31- April 06, 2018
- Hotel Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast & Dinner
- Exclusive vehicle for transfers & sightseeing on disposal basis
- 1 X Traveller for transfers and sightseeing
- Local sightseeing in Tawang in 2 X Sumo
- ILP fee for Arunachal Pradesh
- All applicable taxes
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
Note on Transportation used in the Packages
AC will be functional only when there is no steep elevation in Arunachal Pradesh tourist circuit.
As per the new rule of Tawang Taxi Association, only local Tawang Taxi will be allowed for Tawang local sightseeing and local day excursion tour from Tawang and back. This cost has been included in the tour packages. However, irrespective of the tour category, these tours will be on Non AC Sumo.
Vehicle will be on disposal in the entire Arunachal Pradesh tourist circuit till it comes down to Plains of Assam. It might change the next day depending upon no of Pax and tour category of the package. Also, vehicle might change at Kaziranga if stay is more than 2 nights.
You are requested to carry light during the journey.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTION FOR INNER LINE PERMIT
Inner Line Permit is required for entry to Arunachal Pradesh. Please send us 2 passport size photographs in original along with Xerox copy of Photo identity proof & Address proof of every person including child. We require at least 05 working days for processing the documents (ILP office remains closed on Saturday & Sunday).
1. Only 06 heads are allowed in 01 Innova / Scorpio / Xylo & 08 heads are allowed in 01 Sumo / Max including child. In case the number of heads increases, than the guest will have to take another vehicle.
2. Visit to Bumla Pass entirely depends upon the weather condition as well as sole discretion of the Army Authority. Guests need to take separate permit for Bumla Pass at an extra cost on their own while reaching in Tawang. However, our tour escort / driver will assist in this regard.